7 Point Checklist to Choosing the Event VenuePosted on: 08 October, 2018 in: Blog
One of the most important choices you’ll make in the planning process for any event is the venue. A reason why many people, as well as event planners, fail to secure the right venue before it is too late is that they don’t know what questions to ask and what exactly are they looking for.
Here is a 7 Point Checklist That Will Help You Choose the Event Venue Better
- Who is your target audience and what is the guest list size?
- Know how to cater to your target audience
- What is convenient for your guests?
- Venue knowledge and experience
- What other services does the venue provide
Before finalizing on a venue, it is important to inquire with them about the other services they provide, including:
- Floral Arrangements: Ask them whether they have an on-site in-house floral designer?
- Parking: Does the venue have its own parking facility or is there a parking area nearby? In case of nearby parking, is it possible to negotiate a better rate for the event in question?
- Security: You do not want an unsecured event, especially if the event is large scale. Depending on the size and type of event, you may need to hire security, police, and even paramedics. You must also make sure whether the venue has functional fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and proper power backup. You must also ask to seen their emergency exits and ask of their emergency plan, just in case you need it. Also ensure that there is phone network, as communication may become a hassle otherwise.
- Restrictions: Certain venues may have restrictions on decorating walls, bringing outside caterers, alcohol, or cakes, or even having a videographer inside the venue. Know of these unstated restrictions before hand.
- Additional Services to Consider: Many venue seem to offer additional services like stage and lighting, audio-visual services, catering, décor, floral arrangements, ticketing, and transportation for the guests. You can negotiate for a good price and save the hassle of looking for these service providers separately.
- What are the venue fees?
You may want to know what services are included in the venue fee and what needs to be paid for additionally. Based on the checklist, here are certain things you may want to ask
- Are the taxes included in the venue fee? You can negotiate for the best rate available inclusive of taxes.
- What is included in the fee? Is the liquor license up-to-date? What is the corkage fee? Are dance floor, tables, chairs, security, linens, and parking included?
- What needs to be paid for additionally over the venue fee?
- What is the per person cost for a served meal or buffet?
- What is the cost per night for a room, if required?
- What is the bar set up and bartending fee?
- What is the payment schedule? What is the cancellation and refund policy?
Evaluate the property, operations, and staff, as a guest and only then narrow your event venue search.No Comments »
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.